Monday, November 11, 2013

Two Favorite Websites--Tedesco

While I tend to go on Facebook, YouTube and Wikipedia multiple times a day, I cannot really say they are my favorite websites.  Instead, my favorite websites tend to be ones that change almost every week or two.  Since I am a huge fan of podcasts, usually comedy ones like You Made it Weird with Pete Holmes, or thoughtful and reflective podcasts such as The Moth radio hour and Ted Talk-- the websites I enjoy share that same type of interview/comedic atmosphere.  My first favorite website would have to be themoth.org.  This website has hundreds of videos of people presenting true stories from their lives that relate to a certain theme of the night.  They perform on stage in front of a live audience, where the stories can range from incredibly funny and witty, to sad and hopeless.  What I love about the website, is that it is very interactive and consists of more things to do compared to just listening to the podcast.  On the website, you can listen to the most recent stories told and watch them on video--something that is not possible when I listen on the podcast. The website also features a blog and a page where you can share your own stories and submit them to the website.  There are also links under the people that perform if you want to know more about them.  This is great because if I listen to someones story that I enjoy, I can click their name and it may link me to a website they have or a book they wrote available on Amazon.  Overall, this website is very creatively interactive, which is nice for fans of the podcast like myself to explore.

My second favorite website is one that I do not visit often, but when I do it almost impossible to leave.  As a fan of SNL all my life, I love to go on nbc.com/saturdaynightlive because of the thousands of hours I can spend on here, and also because it is much more than just videos.  While I do enjoy watching SNL clips and the musical appearances, the website is wonderfully designed where I can find biographies of the actors, pictures, games, and links to cast members on Instagram and Facebook.  There is a lot to do on this website, and it also allows you to go backstage and read about the history of SNL, which is what I am always interested in.  I never get bored with the page, which I attribute to the design since there is new material available every week--keeping the website alive and active.  The writing on this site is clear and professionally done.  It is very easy to get around and always keeps me entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment